Splash Drone 3 is an innovation drone by SwellPro that is good at land as well as in water. In general, flying a drone must be very careful about the weather and surrounding conditions because it is vulnerable to water. Raining or splashing into the water, the drone is certain to be damaged and could not be used anymore.
First gushed 2 years ago, SwellPro now presents an amphibious update on the Splash Drone 3. This waterproof designed drone has 2 models namely Auto and Fisherman.
What is the difference?
Splash Drone 3 : Auto vs Fisherman
Auto can be controlled using a mobile application and offers a “follow me” feature with a 4K camera gimbal system that has been used before. Whereas Fisherman has a fixed camera but without the follow me or mobile application features.
Even so, the main advantage of Fisherman is that it can carry loads up to 1 kg.
Not only is it strong enough to carry it, the Fisherman can also drop the load by moving it remotely. This ability can be used to do fishing recordings to first aid in waters.
Splash Drone 3 Auto has an average speed of maximum 4
SwellPro is updating this orange drone to be more resilient with a 620kv motorbike and a more powerful 1242 carbon fiber propeller compared to its predecessor. With this, you can fly it in difficult weather conditions, both in the air and in the water.
The updated modular system is also claimed to make the Splash Drone 3 able to adapt quickly to all types of missions. Starting from “assignments” for aerial filming, search and rescue in the waters, sea surveys, fishing and many more can be easily harvested.
The remote control also does not forget to update the design to be more simple. Equipped with a 5 inch FPV monitor, the pilot will be able to stream live view and OSD directly from the controller. Pilots can also control the drone and use Mission Planning and Follow Me modes.
But it should be remembered, this controller is only for Splash Drone 3 Auto version only.
Waterproof 4K camera
The Splash Drone 3 is the first modular waterproof drone with a 4K camera and a 2-axis gimbal built-in that is resistant to all weather to produce high-quality photos / videos. Camera recording with 25fps speed and ultra HD quality.
While the quality of the 14MP snapshot is provided with a 1 / 2.3 “CMOS sensor, the maximum aperture is f / 2.0 and ISO starts from 100 to 1600.
SwellPro itself guarantees that the camera is sealed so that it is waterproof, even IP67 certified. All materials are made of high quality stainless steel and the motor is specifically coated with anti-corrosion salt water.
Splash Drone 3 Highlight
- Splash Drone 3 is guaranteed to be 100% waterproof and can land on the ground and float in both freshwater and sea water. So it has been designed to be corrosion resistant to salt water.
- The body has been designed tough to work well in heavy rain, storms and bad weather.
- The new 4K waterproof camera with 2-axis dreadlocks supports to improve the sharpness of photos and refine them.
- The Drone 3 Splash Controller is programmed to adapt to the wet environment, offering positioning accuracy and home point.
- New remote control with a built-in 5 “LCD to show flight status and high-quality video feeds live.
- Innovative Bluetooth for tracking activities that are accurate and even able to take off drones.
- The latest 620kv motorbike and carbon fiber 1242 quick release propeller that increases power and resistance to waves.
- The Splash Drone 3 also has a removable module, which can be used to install fishing bait to rescue missions at sea, with a maximum load of 1 kg.
Splash Drone 3 Price
If you are interested in having a drone that is marketed through this Kickstarter, then be prepared to spend enough. Even though the body color doesn’t look serious, the price is around USD 1400.